Sunday, August 29, 2010

The big Island

8/25/2010 --  Today we went to the visitors center at Volcano National Park.  I wove a star.  Next we went to a crater.  There used to be a lava lake in the crater.  After that, we went to see petroglyphs.  We had to walk 1.4 miles to get there and back.   Then we went to a sea arch.  It was made of igneous rock. 

Holei Sea Arch

We had lunch.  Finally, we went to the rainforest zoo.  I want to live in the monkey cage because it is a playground.


8/28/2010 -- We went to the Big Island of Hawaii.  We did a lot of fun activities.  We went to Kilauea, the volcano.  It was cool because we got to see glow from the lava.

Halema'uma'u Crater


I also liked Coconut Island, a tiny island in Hilo.  It had a tiny beach, and falling coconuts, and trees to climb. 

Alex at Coconut Island

 Another thing I liked was the pancake house.  I had three pancakes with coconut, pineapple and guava syrup.  It was yum yum.  I did not want to leave the Big Island because it was fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

watch out for those falling coconuts!